Ok, our honeymoon was sweet. We loaded up my little Honda and set out on our adventure the following Monday morning. Monday night we got to Lake Tahoe around 5, and stayed at Harvey's on the south shore. Neither of us had ever been there, and it is soooo pretty. On Tuesday we were trying to find this hike I had read about, but our GPS (we call it Maggie) couldn't find it anywhere. In the midst of yelling at Maggie and getting a little lost in the Sierra's, we ended up finding this amazing lake called Fallen Leaf Lake hidden in the mountains. We rented kayaks and had ourselved a good ol time lounging by the lake, I loved it! We ended the day with a round of mini-golf. Wednesday we headed for San Francisco, such a cool city. We stayed at the Hilton in Union Square. After we got settled, we rode the cable cars down to the wharf and had us some clam chowder, delish. We watched the sea lions and took a boat tour down to Alcatraz and the Golden Gate bridge, but I was too cold to enjoy it. It. Was. FREEZING. Our tour guide summed it up when he quoted Mark Twain "The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco." Indeed. But despite my hypothermia, we had such a good time. Thursday we went to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom in Vallejo, and were pleasantly surprised. It's kind of a zoo/aquarium/theme park hybrid, and wasn't crowded at all. My favorite part of the day though was watching the elephant do tricks. At one point, she laid on her side and farted on the kids in the front row, oh it was classic. The trainer was trying not to laugh...Then Friday we drove down to Santa Cruz and hung out at the famous boardwalk. Lots of people to watch and fattening food to eat, good times. Afterwards, we drove down to Camarillo and stayed the night at Buddah's aunt and uncle's house, before heading home on Saturday. It was such a fun trip, I highly recommend it :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hi!
It's very nice photo. You both made for each others.You are the best couple in this world. I think Buddha your wife so beautiful. Good Luck.
===================================
Hemlata
look4ward
CUTE!!! Heather, that sounds like the funnest honeymoon. I'm so glad!! You two look soooo good together. A very cute couple. :-) I'm so glad you had fun. Jayson and I laughed our heads off about the elephant story....ha!! Keep updating your blog!! I LOVE it! Mwah!
Heather!! This is kelli mathewson/bartlett and I saw your name on Casey's blog. congrats on the marriage!!! what are you guys up to? do you live in vegas?
Yeah! So much fun! I am glad you guys had such a blast. And your wedding pictures are amazing. Miss you at church!!!
Post a Comment